The primary benefits of agricultural planning include:
- Giving voice to the agriculture community in regional planning processes;
- Securing a place for agriculture in the future growth of the region;
- Providing sufficient direction to address agricultural issues and concerns;
- Balancing the needs of both urban and farming communities;
- Addressing increasing urban and industrial development pressures;
- Supporting the future profitability of agriculture; and,
- Providing a framework for on-going agricultural-related decision making at the local government level.
There are 2 survey options: one for farmers and one for non-farmers. The information captured will help us determine challenges, solutions, and economic opportunities for the regional agricultural sector.
Those who fill out the survey by August 1, 2014 will have a chance to win a local food basket.
Please encourage your organization’s members, colleagues, neighbours, and friends to fill it out. The more responses we have, the more directly the Regional Agricultural Area Plan will be able to address local needs.
Thanks in advance!
Ione Smith, MSc, PAg
Anthony Kittel MES, MCIP, RPP, LEED-AP
Regional Growth Strategy Coordinator
Regional District of North Okanagan
9848 Aberdeen Road
Coldstream, BC V1B 2K9
Phone: (250) 550-3750