Good afternoon Block Watch members,
Hope you are all well and enjoying this glorious Okanagan sunshine J
Let’s all work together to prevent theft from motor vehicle crime.
According to police data, there are more than 50,000 vehicle break-ins in BC last year.
Please don't let your guard down and protect your vehicle and property inside at all times.
According to police reports, the below items are the most popular stolen out of vehicles,
· Cell / Smartphones
· Personal electronics—tablets, laptops, iPods, GPS
· Work tools
· Handbags and gym bags
· Credit cards and identification
· Stereo equipment
· Cash and change
· Car parts and accessories
· Garage door openers
What you can do
Remember most vehicle crime is opportunist.
Don’t give thieves a chance: never leave items on display….if they can see it they will steal it!
· Always lock doors and close windows, even if you’re away from your vehicle for just a few minutes.
· Remove possessions from your vehicle—shopping bags, tools, spare change, electronics, brief cases, etc.
· Please remember to put anything that could tempt a thief in the trunk.
· Remember you are all ‘Eyes and Ears’ for the RCMP in your communities.
· Have a fun, relaxing weekend,
Safe Communities Coordinator
Protective Services - Regional District of North Okanagan.
Office 250.550.3733 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Riverside Community Hall and the adjacent park are owned by the community through the non-profit Riverside Community Club, for the benefit of and use by the community.