- Engravers work on plastic, metal and wood.
- Items worth engraving include bicycles, electronic equipment and tools
- Photograph items you can’t mark such as jewellery, art and delicate glass.
- Engrave property with your driver's license number.
- Make sure to put BCDL in front so if it is recovered out of province it can be returned.
- Make an inventory list of valuable items and engraved property items around your home and keep it in a safe place.
There is a higher likelihood that the property stolen will be returned to its rightful owner.
Engraving - provides evidence of guilt and enables police to detain a suspect who is found in possession of property engraved with someone else's driver's license number.
Engraving may serve as a deterrent, as criminals are less likely to steal marked property.
The thief cannot reclaim the property if it is seized by the police. .
If you are interested in property marking any of your household items contact me and I will supply you with an engraver to borrow.
Continue to be good neighbors in your communities and report all suspicious incidents
Eyes and Ears for the RCMP,
Crime Prevention Coordinator
Regional District of North Okanagan.
Crime Prevention/Safe Communities Unit
Work 250.550.7845 firstname.lastname@example.org
1800.222.TIPS ( 8477 )