Hi Block Watch teams,
Please secure ATV’s, RV’s and Trailers around your home when not in use.
Every year the police are challenged with numerous thefts of recreational vehicles including ATVs, Snowmobiles, Dirt bikes and RV’s.
ATV, Snowmobile and Dirt Bike protection:
To prevent a theft of your machine try to store it indoors wherever possible.
If you leave it outside then chain it or lock it to a stationary object using case hardened locks.
If left on a trailer, then be sure to lock it up to the trailer and box the trailer in by another car.
Keep your machine in a well lit area, not in the dark.
Temporarily disable your machine like taking the battery out or unplugging the ignition cable.
RV and trailer protection:
• RVs are particularly susceptible to theft since they are usually loaded with items
such as cameras, radios, tires, and sports equipment.
• The most common site for RV thefts is in the owner's driveway or backyard.
• Cover tempting items such as cameras, TV’s, radios and binoculars.
• Leave a low-voltage light burning and a radio on when you leave the RV at night.
• Pull curtains and blinds shut tight.
• Be sure to install good deadbolts and window locks.
• If your RV is normally left unattended, loop a case hardened steel chain around the
RV's axle and a stationary object.
• Do not forget to secure the trailer's hitch.
Have an awesome, fun, relaxing long weekend,
Happy BC Day
Crime Prevention & Community Safety Coordinator
City of Vernon - Regional District of North Okanagan.
Protective Services - Safe Communities Unit
The Riverside Community Hall and the adjacent park are owned by the community through the non-profit Riverside Community Club, for the benefit of and use by the community.